Why Proactive Cyber Risk Managment?
- Lawsuits resulting from stolen patient data
- Patients suffer identity theft, stress, disruptive life
- Costly breach remedies
- Expensive audit fines
- Negative social media
- Over 67% of breaches are caused by humans mistakes.
- Avg. Cost Per Breach: Over $900,000 for small business
- Ransomware has incresed 250% in 2017
- Cryptomining has incresed 450% in 2018
Why It's Important?
- GDPR fines have started and are in the billions for large companies
- HHS OCR levied over $28 million in fines in past 2018
- In 2016 OCR levied fines for not having performed a valid a Security Risk Analysis
- In 2017 OCR levied fines for not having a risk management plan to take corrective actions
- OCR audits show the average level of HIPAA compliance is 14%